Monday, May 15, 2006

Net Neutrality - Letter to My Representative

Rep. McDermott,

I am concerned about the possible loss of Net Neutrality. In order for the Internet to truly serve as an Information Super Highway, the free exchange of information must not be inhibited for any reason, especially for a profit motive.

I own a small business and I understand the temptation to use any means available to drive people to your web presence. But the free exchange of information is more important than my or ANY business.

It is vital not only for the betterment of people all over the world but it is vital for the preservation of our democracy. The Internet is a source of information unfettered by corporate filters and it must remain so if we are to be able to make informed decisions about our elected representatives.

Please work to preserve Net Neutrality.

Sincerely,

Scott M. Taylor

No comments: